“To feel safe and warm on a cold wet night, all you really need is soup.”
Laurie Colwin, author of Home Cooking: A Writer in the Kitchen, was clearly a very wise woman. One of the most comforting a satisfying foods there is, a good soup can serve as the first act of a very good meal or it can stand on its own served with crackers or a crusty hunk of bread.
Below are 7 creamy tasting soup recipes to help your body and soul stay nourished this winter.
To deliciously take the soup you make to the next level, consider serving it in an easy to make bread bowl.
Please join us soon to read our newest daily food and cooking feature on HuggingtheCoast.Com: New and Delicious Seafood Recipes of the Week: December 30th to January 5th.
If you liked this article on HuggingtheCoast.Com, you might also enjoy:
- Mulligatawny Indian Soup Recipe (Soup Recipe of the Week)
- Charlie Trotter’s Bacon and Lentil Soup Recipe (Soup Recipe of the Week)
- Italian Wedding Soup (Soup Recipe of the Week)
- Mini Lamb Burger Sliders With Harissa Sauce (Party Appetizer Recipes)
- Food Humor: The Great Scratch Company Fire of 1910
(Photo Credit: Doug DuCap Food and Travel on Flickr.)