Isn’t it ironic that squash are some of the least squashable (squishable?) vegetables around?
From the mighty butternut squash, the flying saucer-esque pattypan, to the yellow-bellied crookneck squash, there’s probably a variety (or two) of the mighty squash to please almost anyone.
Best of all, since squash are available in a wide variety of interesting shapes and patterns, they can be as pleasing to the eye as party centerpieces as they eventually will be to your stomach.
Below are 11 wonderful squash recipes to help you make the most of the squash you find in your garden, farmer’s market, or supermarket.
Also, don’t forget to join us again a little later in the week when we’ll be sharing 45 exciting pumpkin recipe ideas to help you celebrate one of the most popular members of the hardy squash family.
(Sing it now: “We are family. I got all my cucurbitas with me!”)
- Lamb Meatball Stew With Delicata Squash and Lemon Couscous Recipe (Pictured Above)
- Seared, Wild Mushroom Dusted Shrimp & Scallops With Spaghetti Squash, Porcini Oil, & Grana Padano Shavings Recipe
Please join us soon to read our newest daily food and cooking feature on HuggingtheCoast.Com: 45 Exciting Pumpkin Recipe Ideas.
If you liked this article on HuggingtheCoast.Com, you might also enjoy:
- Corn Again: 16 Golden Recipes That Use Fresh Corn, Cornmeal, and More
- Versatile Beer Battered Fish Recipe Inspired by Alton Brown (Fish For Friday Recipe)
- Gourmet Burger Recipe Inspiration From The Build a Better Burger Contest Winners
- Baked Crab (or Scallop) Jumbo Stuffed Shrimp Recipe (Fish For Friday Recipe)