One way to celebrate the often all too rare joy of doing just enough is to serve this easy delicious fruit dessert recipe for Grilled Rum Pineapple Topped With Ice Cream from the folks at Whistlestop Cafe Cooking.
Featuring rum, fresh grilled pineapple, a little brown sugar, and the cooling goodness of ice cream, how could you go wrong?
If you haven’t yet tried it, Malibu Rum is a Caribbean rum which is made in Jamaica and flavored with natural coconut extract.
If you want this grilled pineapple to have more of a coconut flavor and you don’t have the optional Malibu Rum, coconut ice cream can be substituted for the vanilla ice cream instead.
Love cooking with rum? Then you’ll want to see our recent article: How to Make Apple Beignets With Butter-Rum Caramel Sauce.
1/4 cup dark rum
2 Tbs brown sugar
Vanilla ice cream
Malibu Rum (optional)
You can also see our list of delicious fruit dessert recipes to help you enjoy and eat more fruit throughout the year.
Also, here’s some convenient links to our first 100 Original Recipes on Hugging the Coast to make it easier for you to find culinary inspiration and ideas beyond dessert.
Please join us tomorrow to see our newest food and cooking article: A Taste of Carolina: Layered Banana Pudding, Low Country Style.
If you liked this article on HuggingtheCoast.Com, you might also enjoy:
- Edamame Guacamole Recipe for Nachos and Tacos (Party Appetizer Recipes)
- Goat Cheese and Olive Stuffed Peppers Recipe (Party Appetizer Recipes)
- Cooking With Beer: Grilled Chicken Legs With Jalapeno Beer BBQ Sauce Recipe
- Grilled Pineapple Salsa Recipe For a Taste of Sunshine (Party Appetizer Recipes)
- Cooking With Beer: A Dijon Cheddar Beer Spread Recipe (Party Appetizer Recipes)
(Photo Credit: Grilled Pineapple by Another Pint Please on Flickr.)