What do Memorial Day, July 4th, and Labor Day have in common? They’re the most popular days of the year for outdoor cookouts and grilling.
Where there’s smoke, there’s fire, and where there’s fire on a BBQ grill there’s a good chance they’ll be sizzling burgers.
Below are 8 of the winning gourmet burger recipes for last year’s Build a Better Burger Contest to help inspire your outdoor cookouts and parties.
(You can also find more Build a Better Burger winning gourmet hamburger recipes from past years here.)
Now celebrating its 20th anniversary, The 2010 Build a Better Burger Contest now features a $100,000 top prize. The contest deadline is at noon PDT on July 31, 2010 and entering is free so get grilling for your chance to win!
After you read the 2010 Build a Better Burger Cooking Contest Rules to see if you qualify, you can fill out the online contest entry form and enter your original gourmet burger recipe.
Beef Burger Recipe Division:
- Grand Prize: Suzanne Banfield, Basking Ridge, New Jersey
Roman Patty Melts with Balsamic Peppers and Onion and Sundried Tomato Aioli Recipe
- First Runner-Up: Julie Hession, Las Vegas, NV
Blue Corn Desert Oasis Burgers with Cactus-Corn Salsa, Ancho-Honey Bacon, and Pepita Guacamole Recipe
- Second Runner-Up: Rick Rohr, Darien, Connecticut
Jezebel Burgers with Sweet-and-Sassy Shallots Recipe
- People’s Choice Award: Patrice Hurd, Bemidgi, Minnesota
Burgers La Mancha with Sweet Caramelized Reds and Smoky Olive Aioli Recipe
Alternative Burger Recipes Division:
- Best Alternative Burgers Prize: Naylett LaRochelle, Miami, Florida
Miami “Frita” Chicken-Chorizo Burgers with Guava Ketchup, Black Bean and Sweet Pimiento Relish, and Crispy Shoestring Fries Recipe
- First Runner-Up: Amy Green, Carrollton, Texas
Farmers’ Market Burgers with Grilled Red Onion Relish and Peppered Tomato Mayonnaise Recipe
- Second Runner-Up: Patterson Watkins, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Pennsylvania Dutch Biscuit Sliders with Quick Apple Chow-Chow and Spicy Bacon Mustard Recipe
- People’s Choice Award: Anthony Czech, Decatur, Georgia
Crunchy Coconut Shrimp Burgers with Asian Slaw Recipe
Please join us tomorrow to read our newest daily food and cooking feature on HuggingtheCoast.Com: Cooking With Beer: Grilled Chicken Legs With Jalapeno Beer BBQ Sauce.
If you liked this article on HuggingtheCoast.Com, you might also enjoy:
- Mini Lamb Burger Sliders With Harissa Sauce (Party Appetizer Recipes)
- Easy Guacamole Dip Recipe For Burgers and Chips (Weekend Video Spotlight)
- Caramelized Onion Cranberry Cream Cheese Bites Recipe (Party Appetizer Recipes)
- 26 Gourmet Burger Recipes For Warm Weather Cookouts and Parties
(Photo Credits: Build a Better Burger.)