A delicious way to add more iron, calcium, and folic acid to your diet, the peppery flavor of watercress hits just the right note in this grownup Strawberry, Watercress and Cashew Salad from the folks at Sara’s Kitchen.
2 bunches of watercress, trimmed
1 cup of strawberries, halved or quartered
1/4 cup sweet and salty cashews (works with standard salted cashews as well)
1/4 cup ricotta salata, shaved
1 small shallot, minced
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 heaping teaspoon honey
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
salt and pepper to taste
How to Make Strawberry, Watercress, and Cashew Salad.
You can also see our growing list of delicious salad recipe ideas, to help inspire your gatherings with friends and family throughout the year.
Also, here’s some convenient links to our first 100 Original Recipes on Hugging the Coast to make it easier for you to find culinary inspiration and ideas beyond appetizers.
Please join us tomorrow to see our latest daily food and cooking article: How to Make Bacon Fat Popcorn.
If you liked this article on HuggingtheCoast.Com, you might also enjoy:
- Make Easy Homemade Strawberry Jam (Weekend Video Spotlight)
- 10 More Refreshing Salad Recipes and Ideas That Won’t Put You To Sleep
- Fish For Friday Recipe of the Week: Salmon With Figs, Saba and Watercress
- A Taste of Home in Mason Jars
- Fish For Friday Recipe of the Week: Romeritos with Shrimp Cakes
(Photo Credit: Salad Recipe photos are courtesy of the featured blog, in this case, Sara’s Kitchen.)