In addition to using spicy chorizo which gives this pasta dish a pleasing (but not overwhelming) kick, one of the great things about this recipe is that it makes the most of fresh tomatoes. High in lysine, several studies indicate that eating tomatoes may help ward off colds and strengthen the immune system…a very useful thing during these cold winter snaps.
In the video, Rachel Allen also shares a quick way to peel tomatoes in a hurry. After you’re done watching the Spicy Chorizo Sausage Pasta Recipe Video, you’ll find a link to the text version of the recipe below.
Note: Her recipe calls for a popular UK dairy product called single cream. However, you can easily substitute the same amount of half and half instead for similar results.
You can see other recent Weekend Video Spotlight Videos here.
Please join us tomorrow to see this week’s Hugging the Coast.Com Week in Review, an overview of last week’s special food features (as well as selected previews from the week to come).
If you liked this video on HuggingtheCoast.Com, you might also enjoy:
- Pink Peppercorn Goat Cheese Spread and Olives Recipe (Party Appetizer Recipes)
- Shrimp, Pork, and Green Olive Chorizo Burgers Recipe
- Orange Fig Chorizos with Brandy & Pine Nuts Recipe
- Spicy San Francisco Cioppino Recipe (Weekend Video Spotlight)
- Sausage and Cheese Ouroboros Recipe