6 tablespoons (84 g) unsalted butter
1 large yellow onion, chopped
1/4 cup peeled grated fresh ginger
3 cloves garlic, minced
7 cups (1.6 liters) vegetable stock or chicken stock
1 cup (240 ml) dry white wine
1-1/2 pounds (680 g) very fresh carrots, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1/4 teaspoon curry powder
salt to taste
fresh ground black pepper to taste
plain yogurt or heavy cream
How to Make Carrot Ginger Soup.
You can also see our list of delicious soup recipes, organized by type to help you enjoy more soup recipe ideas throughout the year.
Also, here’s some convenient links to our first 100 Original Recipes on Hugging the Coast to make it easier for you to find culinary inspiration and ideas beyond soup.
Please join us tomorrow to see this week’s Fish For Friday Recipe of the Week: Stuffed Crabs.
If you liked this article on HuggingtheCoast.Com, you might also enjoy:
- Cooking With Apple Cider and Applesauce: 19 Delicious Recipe Ideas That Make the Most of Apples
- Scallops with Chanterelle Mushroom Sauce Recipe (Fish For Friday Recipe)
- Mini Macaroni and Cheese Appetizer Recipe (Party Appetizer Recipes)
- 14 Party Friendly Pie Recipe Ideas for the Holiday Season
- The Best Thanksgiving Day Recipe Ideas and Tips on Hugging the Coast
(Photo Credit: All Soup Recipe of the Week photos are courtesy of the featured blog.)