The recipe uses smoked paprika, but if you don’t have it, regular paprika will work also. However, if you haven’t had the pleasure of trying smoked Spanish paprika, this recipe is the perfect excuse to give this wonderful and versatile spice a try!
1/2 pound elbow macaroni
1 1/2 tablespoons unsalted butter, plus more for brushing
1/4 cup freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
3/4 cup milk
4 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded (1 packed cup)
4 ounces deli-sliced American cheese, chopped
1 large egg yolk
1/4 teaspoon smoked Spanish paprika
How to Make Mini Macaroni and Cheese Appetizers.
You can also see our growing list of delicious party appetizer recipes, to help inspire your gatherings with friends and family throughout the year.
Also, here’s some convenient links to our first 100 Original Recipes on Hugging the Coast to make it easier for you to find culinary inspiration and ideas beyond appetizers.
Please join us tomorrow to see our latest daily food and cooking article, The Soup Recipe of the Week: Carrot Ginger Soup.
If you liked this article on HuggingtheCoast.Com, you might also enjoy:
- The Best Gourmet Macaroni and Cheese Recipes of 2009 (Plus 7 Mac and Cheese Recipes of Our Own)
- French Onion Soup Lasagna Recipe
- Easy Cauliflower and Bacon Pasta With Carmelized Onions Recipe
- Gourmet Grilled Cheese: Monterey Muenster Mash Grilled Cheese Recipe
- Million Dollar Winning Contest Recipes from the Pillsbury Bake-Off
(Photo Credit: All Party Appetizer Recipe photos are courtesy of the featured blog.)