Apples are one of Fall’s most perfect and versatile fruits and in many homes, any celebration of Thanksgiving or Halloween would be incomplete without their flavor.
In a world without apples, we would never know the deep pleasure of warm apple pie topped with melting ice cream, cinnamon sprinkled apple cobbler, sweet caramel apples at the local fair. Without such apple based drinks as apple juice, apple cider, applejack, or Calvados, our glasses and mugs would end up tragically lonely. A bleak world indeed.
Below are 19 recipes in which apple cider and applesauce play an important and delicious part.
(If you also want apple dessert recipes that use fresh apples, our article, 18 Wonderful Apple Dessert Recipe Ideas to Sweeten Your Life might be be just what you’re looking for.)
Please join us tomorrow to read our newest daily food and cooking feature on HuggingtheCoast.Com: Spiced Butternut Squash Apple Soup Recipe (Soup Recipe of the Week).
If you liked this article on HuggingtheCoast.Com, you might also enjoy:
- Bubbly Brie Party Dip With Chestnuts, Dates, and Cranberries Recipe
- Drinking the Fruits of Fall: 15 Non-Alcoholic and Alcoholic Drink Recipes to Put You in the Mood
- Pumpkin and Roasted Corn Soup Recipe (Soup Recipe of the Week)
- How to Dehydrate and Preserve Blueberries, Cranberries, Raspberries, and Blackberries
- Great Depression Cooking With Clara: How to Make Baked Apples (Weekend Video Spotlight)
(Photo Credit: Forever Apples by Ron, Ron, Ron.)