For many, holidays and party gatherings are a time to celebrate tradition; events to serve delicious tried and true favorites the way they’ve always been made to friends and family.
Unfortunately, serving the same party foods year after year can start to seem perhaps a bit too tried and true and it’s all too easy to end up feeling that one is simply going through the motions. Worst of all, making the same expected dishes year in and year out can start to feel a little humdrum and even sap some of the excitement of cooking for Thanksgiving, Christmas, July 4th, and other holiday events.
When that happens, sometimes the best way to truly honor and appreciate those old faithful dishes is to either substitute new and delicious dishes in their place for a holiday party (or two) or to halve the serving amount of those traditional dishes and serve a new dish in addition to add a sense of culinary inspiration to your gathering.
Below are 20 party friendly recipes that feature the popular flavors of potatoes and sweet potatoes; recipes that go beyond the typical mashed potatoes, baked potatoes, and sweet potato casseroles with marshmallows that are traditionally served; recipes as inspiring as they are deliciously comforting.
- Cheesy, Bacony Potato Soup Recipe from Chi-Town Cooking Creations
Please join us tomorrow to read our newest daily food and cooking feature on HuggingtheCoast.Com, The Soup Recipe of the Week: Chicken Pot Pie Soup Over Mashed Potatoes.
If you liked this article on HuggingtheCoast.Com, you might also enjoy:
- 35 Fresh Garlic Recipe Ideas to Promote Happy Belly Syndrome
- Oktoberfest Beer Onion Soup with Blue Cheese Recipe
- Sweet Potato Shrimp Fritters Recipe: (Fish For Friday Recipe)
- Drinking the Fruits of Fall: 15 Non-Alcoholic and Alcoholic Drink Recipes to Put You in the Mood
- 20 Delicious Recipes For Gourmet Salads Without Mayo
- Garlic Bread Soup Recipe (Soup Recipe of the Week)