I’ve been thinking a lot about garlic lately, especially since we shared 35 Fresh Garlic Recipe Ideas to Promote Happy Belly Syndrome to help you eat and cook more healthy and delicious fresh garlic as we move closer to Thanksgiving and the Christmas holiday season.
1 lb onions, roughly chopped
1 cup garlic cloves, peeled and roughly chopped
1 tablespoon butter
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 quart chicken stock
1 (4 inch) piece of Parmgiano-Reggiano rind only
4-5 cups of left over garlic bread cut into 1-inch cubes
1 tablespoon mixed herbs (parsley, thyme, etc)
8 or 10 steamed clams per person (optional)
Grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese for garnish
5 or 6 stems of thyme, leaves removed stems discarded
How to Make Garlic Bread Soup
You can also see our list of delicious soup recipes, organized by type to help you enjoy more soup recipe ideas throughout the year.
Also, here’s some convenient links to our first 100 Original Recipes on Hugging the Coast to make it easier for you to find culinary inspiration and ideas beyond soup.
Please join us tomorrow to see this week’s Fish For Friday Recipe: Pancetta Wrapped Shrimp and Goat Cheese Flatbread Panini Recipe.
If you liked this article on HuggingtheCoast.Com, you might also enjoy:
- Pumpkin and Roasted Corn Soup Recipe (Soup Recipe of the Week)
- Fish For Friday Recipe of the Week: Stuffies (Stuffed Clams) Recipe
- Thanksgiving Food 911: 3 Important Tips to Save Your Sanity
- 20 Fresh and Canned Pumpkin Recipe Ideas: Beyond Pumpkin Pie and Pumpkin Bread
- Eat Like a President: 50+ White House Recipes You Can Enjoy
(Photo Credit: All Soup Recipe of the Week photos are courtesy of the featured blog.)