In popular culture, it is widely believed that garlic keeps away vampires (except perhaps in the series of Twilight books and films).
While vampires may be figments of our imagination, it’s all too obvious that heart disease, blood pressure, and other cardiovascular diseases aren’t. According to some medical studies, eating garlic regularly may help ward off heart attacks and strokes as well as shorten the length of the common cold.
Garlic has also been linked to a rise in Happy Belly Syndrome, a condition characterized by such symptoms as frequent spoon licking, blissful sighs, and a tendency to break into smiles.
(Warning: Happy Belly Syndrome may be habit forming and lead to Second-or-Third-Helping-itus.)
Here’s 35 great ways to add more delicious and healthy fresh garlic to your diet as well as tips to help you enjoy cooking and eating the “stinking rose”.
Other Main Dishes and Appetizers That Use Fresh Garlic:
Soup Recipes That Use Fresh Garlic:
Salad Recipes That Use Fresh Garlic:
Please join us tomorrow to read our newest daily food and cooking feature on HuggingtheCoast.Com: Read a Cookbook for Free: 1 Pan, 50 Muffins (Sweet and Savory Muffin Recipes).
If you liked this article on HuggingtheCoast.Com, you might also enjoy:
- 20 Exciting Party Friendly Potato and Sweet Potato Recipe Ideas to Jazz Up Your Meals
- Fish For Friday Recipe: Bakaliaros Skordalia (Breaded Cod With Potato Garlic Aioli)
- An Easy and Versatile Mushroom Pate Recipe (Party Appetizer Recipes)
- Onion, Pancetta and Wisconsin Parmesan Cheese Soup (Soup Recipe of the Week)
- Tequila Lime Shrimp Recipe: (Fish For Friday Recipe)
- Garlic Bread Soup Recipe (Soup Recipe of the Week)
(Photo Credit: Creamy Onion Garlic Bread by Buns in My Oven.)