(that’s me on the right)
Also known as El Dia de los Muertos or All Soul’s Day, The Day of the Dead is a popular holiday celebrated anywhere with sizeable members of the Mexican and Latin American communities.
The Day of the Dead is a special occasion where people gather together to honor their late relatives and ancestors with festive sweets and special foods (and in parts of Charleston, SC me…as it happens to be my birthday).
Don’t worry, the last time I checked I was still among the “early”. (Besides, I doubt I could get such great Wifi signal from beyond the pale.)
Below are delicious and fun recipes from our special Halloween Twitter Marathon from food and cooking blogs all over the world. (We’re huggingthecoast on Twitter.)
12:00AM Three Homemade Candy Recipes
3:00AM Apple Pumpkin Chili Recipe
4:00AM Stuffed Acorn Squash Recipe
11:00AM Pumpkin Whoopie Pies
5:00PM Pumpkin Risotto Recipe
Please join us tomorrow to read our newest daily food and cooking feature on HuggingtheCoast.Com: 35 Fresh Garlic Recipe Ideas to Promote Happy Belly Syndrome.
If you liked this article on HuggingtheCoast.Com, you might also enjoy:
- Tequila Lime Shrimp Recipe: (Fish For Friday Recipe)
- Gourmet Grilled Cheese: Fried Green Tomatillo Grilled Cheese With Pepper Jack Cotija Spread Recipe
- Mexican Guacamole Onion Soup With Cheesy Tostadas Recipe
- Mexican Style Sweet Plantain Fries With Lime Cotija Cheese Dip Recipe
- Mexican Fiesta Salad With Fried Garbanzo Beans Recipe
(Photo Credit: Day of the Dead Altar by Stormz.)