Here’s a delicious recipe for Pumpkin and Roasted Corn Soup from the folks at FatFree Vegan Kitchen. If you’re looking for low fat and fat free recipes, Susan’s blog is definitely one of the best places to go.
1 large onion, chopped
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 1/2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
1 teaspoon chopped chipotle pepper (canned in adobo)
5 cups pumpkin or winter squash, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
5 cups vegetable broth or water
1/2 teaspoon good curry powder
3/4 cup plain, unsweetened soymilk
3 cups fresh or frozen corn kernels
olive oil spray
freshly ground pepper
How to Make Pumpkin and Roasted Corn Soup.
You can also see our list of delicious soup recipes, organized by type to help you enjoy more soup recipe ideas throughout the year.
Also, here’s some convenient links to our first 100 Original Recipes on Hugging the Coast to make it easier for you to find culinary inspiration and ideas beyond soup.
Please join us tomorrow to see this week’s Fish For Friday Recipe of the Week: A Teriyaki Bacon Black Cod Burger.
If you liked this article on HuggingtheCoast.Com, you might also enjoy:
- 22 More Fresh and Canned Pumpkin Recipe Ideas: Sweet Pumpkin Desserts and Savory Meals
- 17 Halloween Party Dessert Recipes and Snack Ideas
- The Best Gourmet Macaroni and Cheese Recipes of 2009 (Plus 7 Mac and Cheese Recipes of Our Own)
- Onion, Pancetta and Wisconsin Parmesan Cheese Soup (Soup Recipe of the Week)
- How to Make Sweet Potato Pumpkin Pie and Roast Your Own Pumpkin Seeds (Weekend Video Spotlight Recipe)
- What the Death of Gourmet Magazine Means to Home Cooks and Foodies
(Photo Credit: All Soup Recipe of the Week photos are courtesy of the featured blog.)