Ken Blevins from Wilmington, North Carolina’s Star News Online, has made a delicious recipe video which shows you how to make Sweet Potato Pumpkin Pie with a graham cracker crust as well as how to roast your own pumpkin seeds from the fresh pumpkin you’ll be using to make this.
Additionally, if you pan roast the pumpkin seeds as Ken suggests, it will give your sad little stomach something to do while you’re waiting for the sweet potato pumpkin pie to finish baking.
Homemade pumpkin seeds are an easy to make healthy snack that you can flavor with your favorite spices (in the video, Blevins uses a combination of sea salt and Old Bay Seasoning).
This is a great Southern recipe idea for Fall and works equally well for Thanksgiving as it does for Halloween. Just top your finished pie with some fresh whipped cream (or Cool Whip if you prefer) and serve.
You can see other recent Weekend Video Spotlight Videos here.
Please join us tomorrow to see this week’s Hugging the Coast.Com Week in Review, an overview of last week’s special food features (as well as selected previews from the week to come).
If you liked this video on HuggingtheCoast.Com, you might also enjoy:
- 20 Fresh and Canned Pumpkin Recipe Ideas: Beyond Pumpkin Pie and Pumpkin Bread
- 18 Wonderful Apple Dessert Recipe Ideas to Sweeten Your Life
- Magical Peanut Butter Moon Pie Ice Cream Milkshake Recipe
- Macaroni and Cheese Breakfast Pie Recipe
- Winter Comfort Food: Creamy Chive Yellow Squash Recipe