More than 50 million pumpkin pies are baked and consumed each year, according to the folks at Libby’s who annually turn 5,000 acres of field pumpkins into canned pumpkin puree and pie filling each year.
Pumpkin pie and pumpkin bread are probably the most popular dishes made with pumpkin in America and it can be easy to forget that there are many wonderful uses for pumpkin that make the most of its highly versatile sweet and savory qualities.
Below are 20 tasty pumpkin recipes that will help you do just that, whether you prefer to use fresh pumpkin or canned.
- How to Make Pumpkin Puree Instead of Buying Canned Pumpkin Filling (and How to Roast Your Own Pumpkin Seeds) from Chew on That
- Pumpkin Bread with Dried Cranberries, Toasted Pecans and White Chocolate Chips Recipe from Closet Cooking
Please join us tomorrow to read our newest daily food and cooking feature on HuggingtheCoast.Com: 18 Wonderful Apple Dessert Recipe Ideas to Sweeten Your Life.
If you liked this article on HuggingtheCoast.Com, you might also enjoy:
- 22 More Fresh and Canned Pumpkin Recipe Ideas: Sweet Pumpkin Desserts and Savory Meals
- Drinking the Fruits of Fall: 15 Non-Alcoholic and Alcoholic Drink Recipes to Put You in the Mood
- 17 Party Friendly Cookies: Cookie Recipes Your Guests and Family Will Love
- The Top 10 Foods to Help You Celebrate Oktoberfest at Home
- Gourmet Burger Recipes: Indian Summer Turkey Burger With Sweet Corn Mayo Recipe
- Great Depression Cooking With Clara: How to Make Baked Apples (Weekend Video Spotlight)
(Photo Credit: Pumpkin Pi by JPStanley.)