If you love celebrating all the great beers and foods of Oktoberfest, there are still a few places in America that break with tradition and continue their Oktoberfests beyond early October after the biggest one in Munich, Germany has passed.
If you’re looking for a good one to attend this year (or want to start planning next year’s Oktoberfest trip) you can find out more in our recent Top 10 Best Places to Celebrate Oktoberfest in the U.S. article here.
2010 will mark the 200th anniversary of Oktoberfest which is celebrated by millions of people in dozens of cities around the world each year who are looking to celebrate the best of German and Bavarian cuisine, beer, and music.
The spirit of Oktoberfest is the spirit of bountiful hospitality, so to make it easier to celebrate the occasion in your own home, you can find out more about cooking The Top 10 Foods to Help You Celebrate Oktoberfest at Home below.
1. Schweinsbraten (Roast Pork)
2. Haxn (Pork Knuckle)
3. Steckerlfisch (Grilled Fish on a Stick)
4. Wurstl (Sausage)
5. Hendl (Chicken)
6. Brezeln (Pretzel)
7. Reiberdatschi (Potato Pancakes)
8. Kasespatzle (Cheese Noodles)
- Allgauer Kasespatzle Recipe (Spatzle Mixed With Grated Cheese from Allgau and Fried Onion) from Kuchenlatein
9. Knodeln (Potato or Bread Dumplings)
Please join us tomorrow to read our newest daily food and cooking feature on HuggingtheCoast.Com: Cooking With Beer: Delicious Recipes for Meals That Use Beer As An Ingredient.
If you liked this article on HuggingtheCoast.Com, you might also enjoy:
- Oktoberfest Beer Onion Soup with Blue Cheese Recipe
- Cooking With Beer: Delicious Recipes for Meals That Use Beer As An Ingredient
- 20 Exciting Party Friendly Potato and Sweet Potato Recipe Ideas to Jazz Up Your Meals
- The Top 10 Best Places to Celebrate Oktoberfest in the U.S.
- Great Depression Cooking With Clara: How to Make Baked Apples (Weekend Video Spotlight)
- 3 Surprising Foods That Can Sometimes Be Poisonous (Plus 2 Tips to Stay Safe)
(Photo Credits: Oktoberfest Pretzels by Ugly Agnes, Schweinsbraten by Mdid, Hax’n by Noqbad the Bad, Steckerlfisch by S.alt, Wurstl by Pokpok313, Cooking Paprika Hendl for Dinner by Danielshaurette, Pretzels by Kimncris, Potato Pancakes by Daniel Spils, Kasespatzle by Su-lin, Rouladen by Der Dennis, and Pork and Sauerkraut by Yumievriwan.)