In an ongoing series of Youtube videos taped by her grandson, Christopher Cannucciari, 94 year old Clara shares recipes and tips that show how people cooked during The Great Depression, in the hope of providing culinary inspiration for those who’ve only read about the time in history books.
Like my own late Italian grandmother, Clara is passionate about food and the ways one can use it to bring people closer together.
Just in time for fall, below is her new video recipe for Cinnamon Baked Apples, a delicious and easy dessert that captures the flavors of Autumn.
You can see her How to Make Cinnamon Baked Apples Video below. Enjoy!
Here’s a link to Clara’s Great Depression Cooking Channel on Youtube that started it all.
You can see other recent Weekend Video Spotlight Videos here.
Please join us tomorrow to see this week’s Hugging the Coast.Com Week in Review, an overview of last week’s special food features (as well as selected previews from the week to come).
If you liked this video on HuggingtheCoast.Com, you might also enjoy:
- Eat Like a President: 50+ White House Recipes You Can Enjoy
- The Top 10 Foods to Help You Celebrate Oktoberfest at Home
- How to Dehydrate and Preserve Blueberries, Cranberries, Raspberries, and Blackberries
- An Astronaut’s Dinner: NASA’s Out of This World Menu Planning
- President’s Day White House Recipes and Food Trivia
- Gourmet Cooking on a Budget: Dollar (and Under) Store Savings
- Food Poems Good Enough to Eat for National Poetry Month