Been to Google Books lately? Google Books has been gradually placing the full text of thousands of books online, many of them free full previews of culinary books that are either out-of-print or have been added online with the permission of their publishers.
One of the former gems we’ve recently stumbled upon is The Golden Rule Cook Book: Six Hundred Recipes for Meatless Dishes, a 323 page book of interesting recipes by Maud Russell Lorraine Sharpe Freshel which was first published in 1907.
For those who follow the vegetarian or vegan lifestyle (as well as curious omnivores and food historians), this book offers a facinating glimpse into some of the meat free meals cooked early in the history of these culinary movements.
Please join us tomorrow to see our latest Fish For Friday Recipe of the Week: Cajun Catfish Bites.
If you liked this article on HuggingtheCoast.Com, you might also enjoy:
- Our First 100 Original Recipes on Hugging the Coast
- 10 Refreshing Salad Recipes and Ideas That Won’t Put You to Sleep
- Gourmet Dip, Salsa, and Spread Recipes to Brighten Any Party or Meal
- Green Pea and Lemongrass Paradise Pasta With Pan-Seared Asparagus Recipe
- Weekend Video Spotlight: The Miracle Fruit Makes Sour Foods Turn Sweet