Labor Day is the holiday when many of us celebrate the spirit of the American worker by taking a much decided day off from labor; spending time with one’s friends and family as we revel in the all too fleeting pleasures of summer.
To help you keep this spirit alive, at Hugging the Coast we’ve created a special Labor Day Weekend Twitter Marathon where each hour, we’ll share a delicious recipe idea or cooking tip from Hugging the Coast and other food blogs to help you find inspiration for your parties, cookouts, and gatherings.
To join in the fun, which continues until midnight, EST you can follow Hugging the Coast on Twitter here or by clicking on our banner to the right.
If you’re a little late joining us, or want an easy way to catch up on the recipes we’ve shared since Friday, you can see our links to them below.
Have a Great Labor Day!
Friday, September 4th:
- 2:00 AM Pickled Okra with Jalapenos
- 3:00 AM Thai Cucumber & Shrimp Salad
- 8:00 AM 25 Last Minute Labor Day Recipes
- 11:00 AM Blackberry Polenta Muffins
- 12:00 AM A Peach Tart for Labor Day
- 2:00 PM Tomatillo Salsa Verde Dip Recipe
- 3:00 PM Seared Scallop Salad Recipe
- 5:00 PM Delicata Squash and Gruyere Dip
- 7:00 PM Peanut Butter Banana Bread
- 8:00 PM Summer (Ending) Recipes
- 10:00 PM A Perfect Lemon Meringue Pie
- 11:00 PM 16 Mouthwatering Rib Recipes
- 12:00 AM 16 Refreshing Summer Fruit Drink Recipes and Ideas to Help You Cool Off and Quench Your Thirst
- 2:00 PM Oven Fried Onion Rings
- 3:00 PM Chicken Fried Bacon!
- 5:00 PM Instant Gratification Macaroni and Cheese Recipe: Baked Macaroni Flavor Without Using the Oven
- 6:00 PM Melon Madness Recipe Roundup
- 11:00 PM Summer Fruit Napoleons
- 3:00 AM Bacon-Wrapped Sirloin With Corn
- 4:00 AM Zucchini and Goat Cheese Pizza
- 8:00 AM How to Make Kettle Popcorn
- 9:00 AM Garlic Brown Sugar Chicken
- 10:00 AM Shrimp Potstickers
- 12:00 PM Zesty Shallot Deviled Eggs Recipe
- 1:00 PM Barbecued Salmon Panini
- 3:00 PM Stars and Stripes Chicken Recipe
- 7:00 PM Tex-Mex Squash Casserole
- 10:00 PM Garlicky Summer Squash Fritters
- 11:00 PM Garlic French Fries
- 12:00 AM Lobster Macaroni and Cheese
- 2:00 AM Brown Sugar Peach Pancakes
- 3:00 AM Taco Stuffed Shells Recipe
- 4:00 AM Little Peach Cakes
- 5:00 AM Cornmeal Crab Puffs Recipe
- 6:00 AM Pork and Shrimp Dumplings Recipe
- 3:00 PM Grilled Chicken Under a Brick
- 6:00 PM Lime Chicken Tacos Recipe
- 9:00 PM How to Make Perfect Brownies
- 11:00 AM Easy Oreo Truffles
Also, feel free to join Hugging the Coast on Facebook.
Please join us tomorrow to read our new food and cooking article: Be Your Own Hero: Gourmet Sandwich Recipes and Ideas for Work and School.
If you liked this article on HuggingtheCoast.Com, you might also enjoy:
- Our First 100 Original Recipes from Hugging the Coast
- Gourmet Burger Recipes: Indian Summer Turkey Burger With Sweet Corn Mayo