Let’s set the stage. You’re having a party, all of the guests have arrived, and you’re still bustling in the kitchen or working over a hot grill. How can you be a good host and take the edge off their appetites (and perhaps their impatience) without distracting everyone from all the good food to come?
The easiest answer is to put out some chips, crackers, pretzels, or slices of crusty bread or pita to go with a gourmet dip, salsa or spread you’ve either made ahead the night before or whipped up hours before the event.
Depending on what you choose to serve, most good dips, spreads, and salsas are versatile enough to complement any party or holiday gathering whether formal or informal.
Even better, many of the dips, spreads, and salsas we’re sharing below also make great burger toppers and memorable sandwich spreads, so even if you’re not entertaining, you can still evoke the party spirit at home.
A good gourmet dip also works well as a dressing or mix-in for fresh salad or can be used to take your omelets glamorous places far beyond the everyday humdrum breakfast rut so many of us tend to plow.
Please join us tomorrow to read our newest daily food and cooking feature on HuggingtheCoast.Com, a recipe for Southern Peach Scuppernong Salsa.
If you liked this article on HuggingtheCoast.Com, you might also enjoy:
- An Easy and Versatile Mushroom Pate Recipe (Party Appetizer Recipes)
- Gourmet Burger Recipes: Indian Summer Turkey Burger With Sweet Corn Mayo
- Fruit Salad Recipes and Ideas Perfect For a Party
- Award Winning Gourmet Hamburger Recipes from The Build a Better Burger Recipe Contest
- Our First 100 Original Recipes
- Recipe: Italian Stuffed Peppers With a Sauce So Good You’ll Want to Drink It
- Crunchy Fried Tortellini with Red Fennel Dipping Sauce Recipe