Although the recipe was designed to use shrimp in the shell, this is optional and is a matter of personal taste.
2 large sweet potatoes (cut into french fry like slices)
12 large head and shell on shrimp, deveined (you can also remove the head and shell, but we prefer everything intact for more crunch!)
1 package of tempura batter (several different brands are available in Asian groceries– just follow package instructions–but instead of water, we substitute half water/beer)
Pinch of salt and pepper
1/2 teaspoon of tumeric powder
lettuce, herbs such as basil, mint, perilla, Vietnamese balm, pickled carrots and daikon
nuoc mam cham (Vietnamese Dipping Fish Sauce)
How to Make the Sweet Potato Shrimp Fritters Recipe
See More of Hugging the Coast’s Fish For Friday Recipes which will help you make the most of your favorite seafood during the rest of the year.
You can also see our list of delicious seafood recipes, organized by type of fish to make it easier for you to find culinary inspiration and ideas.
Please join us tomorrow to see this week’s culinary Weekend Video Spotlight: The Chicken Vindaloo Original Recipe Song.
If you liked this article on HuggingtheCoast.Com, you might also enjoy:
- Spicy Asian Chili Garlic Egg Salad Recipe
- Foodie Vacations: A Virtual Tour of Asian Street Food: (Weekend Video Spotlight)
- Fish For Friday Recipe: Vietnamese Caramel Shrimp (Tom Rim)
- Fish For Friday Recipe of the Week: Steamed Seafood Dumplings
- Green Pea and Lemongrass Paradise Pasta With Pan-Seared Asparagus Recipe
- Southern Comfort Foods: A Roundup of 11 Delicious Cole Slaw Recipes
- Pomegranate-Infused Ginger Chicken With Sesame Scallion Dumplings
(Photo Credit: All Fish For Friday Recipe of the Week photos are courtesy of the featured blog.)