“Ah, summer, what power you have to make us suffer and like it.”
Some days are so hot it feels as if the Earth is turning on a spit instead of its celestial axis, and we are like chickens going round and round on a rotisserie; slowly being cooked.
For many of us in the Northern Hemisphere, most of such days are in August, the month of last minute vacations and back to school scavenging.
Luckily, the curse of the dog days of Summer is its own reward, an opportunity to move a bit more slowly; to eat luscious ice cream and drink iced sweet tea and lemonade by the gallon without apology, to cook outdoors on the grill and linger over meals with friends, to do the things that really matter.
Below are some recipes for summery salads, soups, beverages, and desserts to make the most of the simple pleasures that Summer brings…enjoy!
- Mayo Free Salad Ideas: Mediterranean Garlic Hummus Potato Salad Recipe (With Macaroni Salad Variation)
Please join us tomorrow to read our newest daily food and cooking feature on HuggingtheCoast.Com, a recipe for Quick and Creamy Three Lettuce Enoki Mushroom Soup.
If you liked this article on HuggingtheCoast.Com, you might also enjoy:
- Award Winning Gourmet Hamburger Recipes from The Build a Better Burger Recipe Contest
- Fruit Salad Recipes and Ideas Perfect For a Party
- Summertime, Where the Grilling (and Outdoor Cooking) is Easy
- Enjoy 100 Original Recipes From Our Food and Cooking Blog
- How to Throw a Crawfish Boil, Louisiana Style
- Celebrate the 4th of July With These Wonderful Red, White, and Blue Recipes
- 7 Labor Saving Recipes Perfect for a Labor Day Picnic