Gazpacho (also known as gaspacho) is just about the best way I know of to beat the heat while showcasing the flavor of fresh seasonal tomatoes. It’s easy to make, and if you prepare a large batch of it you can keep the extra soup in the refrigerator, insulated container, or thermos so you can steal little tastes of it throughout the hottest part of the day the way people in Spain and Portugal do.
In this twist on the Andalusian favorite, the gazpacho is topped with delicious grilled shrimp and avocado, making this dish a refreshing addition to any cookout, picnic, or BBQ.
5 medium ripe tomatoes, chopped
1 red onion, chopped
1 green bell pepper, chopped
1 red bell pepper, chopped
1 cucumber, peeled, seeded, chopped
handful of fresh parsley
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 jalapeno, chopped (optional)
juice of 2 lemons, divided
2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
4 cups tomato juice
1 pound medium prawns, peeled and deveined
kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper
How to Make Gazpacho With Grilled Shrimp and Avocado
See More of Hugging the Coast’s Fish For Friday Recipes which will help you make the most of your favorite seafood during the rest of the year.
You can also see our list of delicious seafood recipes, organized by type of fish to make it easier for you to find culinary inspiration and ideas.
Please join us tomorrow to see this week’s culinary Weekend Video Spotlight: Foodie Vacations: A Virtual Tour of Asian Street Food.
If you liked this article on HuggingtheCoast.Com, you might also enjoy:
- Yesterday’s Article: July Adventures in Food Blogging: The Most Popular Recipes and Cooking Articles on Hugging the Coast
- Weekend Video Spotlight: How to Grill Shrimp, Tuna, and Salmon for a Delicious Seafood Cookout
- Mexican Guacamole Onion Soup With Cheesy Tostadas Recipe
- 16 Refreshing Summer Fruit Drink Recipes and Ideas to Help You Cool Off and Quench Your Thirst
- 14 Gourmet Egg Salad Recipes Perfect for a Party or Picnic
- Fish For Friday Recipe: Grilled Shrimp Cocktail
- Fish For Friday Recipe: Chef Frank Stitt’s Lowcountry Pickled Shrimp
- Weekend Video Spotlight: How to Make Homemade Grilled Brick Oven Pizza on Your BBQ Grill
(Photo Credit: All Fish For Friday Recipe of the Week photos are courtesy of the featured blog.)