As a child, I grew up in a large urban city, where picnics were few and far between. However, whenever I fantasized about the perfect picnic, fresh egg salad was always at the top of my list of items to include.
Rich, creamy, and comforting, the flavor of egg salad seemed to embody all the simple pleasures of the ideal picnic experience (along with perfect weather and a view of something a bit more charming than billowing smokestacks, security fences, and oil slick rainbows).
Here’s some wonderful gourmet egg salad recipes for you to take out for a test drive on your next cookout or picnic.
- The Barefoot Contessa: Smoked Salmon and Egg Salad Tartines Recipe from Feasts and Fotos (Pictured to the Right)
and for those who want the taste of delicious egg salad without the eggs:
Please join us tomorrow to read our newest daily food and cooking feature on HuggingtheCoast.Com, July Adventures in Food Blogging: The Most Popular Recipes and Cooking Articles on Hugging the Coast.
If you liked this article on HuggingtheCoast.Com, you might also enjoy:
- Perfect for a Picnic: Zesty Shallot Deviled Eggs Recipe
- A Trio of Gourmet Cole Slaw Recipes
- 20 Delicious Recipes For Gourmet Salads Without Mayo
- Food Poems Good Enough to Eat for National Poetry Month
- 10 More Refreshing Salad Recipes and Ideas That Won’t Put You To Sleep
- Foodie Vacations: Great Places to Enjoy Gourmet Food in Charleston, SC
(Photo Credits: Untitled (Egg Carton) by Vovchychko, Smoked Salmon and Egg Salad Tartines from Feasts and Fotos. All egg salad recipe cameo shaped graphics are adapted from the above mentioned blogs.)