I love a good old-fashioned egg salad. The classic combination of mayo, celery, a touch of onion, perhaps – so simple, so elegant. When you want creamy and comforting, a classic egg salad is the way to go.
Sometimes, though, you don’t want creamy or comforting. Sometimes, what you really want to do is put the pedal to the metal.
On those days when you want to drive your tastebuds screeching and smoking around the test track, this is the egg salad to do it with. It’s utterly delicious and thoroughly exciting, but it’s definitely not for weaklings. Go big or go home, baby!
This recipe uses Vietnamese chili garlic sauce, but you can use any spicy Asian sauce (such as Sriracha); just add a little garlic if it doesn’t already have it.
Here’s how to make the Spicy Asian Chili Garlic Egg Salad:
6 hardboiled eggs
20 snow peas, cut in 1/4 inch slices
2 tsp minced or grated fresh ginger
1 scallion, minced
2 Tbsp chili garlic sauce or equivalent
1/4 tsp black pepper
1/4 cup mayo
1 tsp lime juice
1 Tbsp diced pimentos or roasted red peppers
1 med jalapeno, seeded & diced (optional)
Coarsely chop the eggs, then mash gently with a fork to desired texture.
Fold in the remaining ingredients and refrigerate at least 20 minutes to allow flavors to meld.
Please join us tomorrow to read our new recipe for Venusian Pickled Pink Egg Salad Recipe, a delicious dish that must be seen to be believed!
If you liked this article on HuggingtheCoast.Com, you might also enjoy:
- Perfect for a Picnic: Zesty Shallot Deviled Eggs Recipe
- Fish For Friday Recipe: Pasta and Tuna Nicoise Salad
- Mayo Free Salad Ideas: Mexican Fiesta Salad With Fried Garbanzo Beans Recipe
- 16 Refreshing Summer Fruit Drink Recipes and Ideas to Help You Cool Off and Quench Your Thirst
- A Trio of Gourmet Cole Slaw Recipes
- Cooking With Zest: Recipes That Make the Most of Fresh Lemon, Orange, and Lime Fruit Zest
- Sesame Coconut Cod in Asian Taco Shells Recipe
- Fish For Friday Recipe: Spicy Shrimp and Cucumber Salad with Mint, Lemon, and Cumin Recipe