Here’s a delightful yet easy summer friendly recipe for Spicy Shrimp and Cucumber Salad with Mint, Lemon, and Cumin from the folks at Kalyn’s Kitchen.
1 lb. shrimp in the shell (frozen shrimp are fine; I used 36-40 per pound size shrimp)
1 tsp. fish rub (optional, to season water when cooking shrimp)
1/2 tsp. hot pepper flakes (optional, to season water when cooking shrimp)
2 cup diced cucumber (about 3 mini cucumbers)
1/2 cup packed mint leaves
3 T fresh-squeezed lemon juice
1/2 - 1 tsp. ground cumin (try half teaspoon, then taste to see if you want more)
1/4-1/2 tsp. Sriracha sauce (or use your favorite hot sauce, add to taste)
1/2 tsp. Vege-Sal (use a little less if using regular salt)
several grinds black pepper
3 T extra virgin olive oil
See More of Hugging the Coast’s Fish For Friday Recipes which will help you make the most of your favorite seafood during the rest of the year.
You can also see our list of delicious seafood recipes, organized by type of fish to make it easier for you to find culinary inspiration and ideas.
Please join us tomorrow to see this week’s culinary Weekend Video Spotlight: How to Cook Salmon Perfectly: On the Grill or in the Oven.
If you liked this article on HuggingtheCoast.Com, you might also enjoy:
- Yesterday’s Post: Foodie Vacations: Great Places to Enjoy Gourmet Food in Charleston, SC
- Fish For Friday Recipe: Chef Frank Stitt’s Lowcountry Pickled Shrimp Recipe
- Cooking With Zest: Recipes That Make the Most of Fresh Lemon, Orange, and Lime Fruit Zest
- 20 Delicious Recipes For Gourmet Salads Without Mayo
- 10 More Refreshing Salad Recipes and Ideas That Won’t Put You To Sleep
- Mexican Guacamole Onion Soup With Cheesy Tostadas Recipe
- June Adventures in Food Blogging: The Most Popular Recipes and Articles on Hugging the Coast
(Photo Credit: All Fish For Friday Recipe of the Week photos are courtesy of the featured blog.)