Here in South Carolina (as well as throughout America), Governor Mark Sanford’s mysterious disappearance over Father’s Day weekend and subsequent return from South America have kept both Sanford and Argentina in the news.
Of course, ever since the full news story broke, I’ve been driven to drink…yerbe mate.
Popular in Argentina, Uruguay, and Paraguay, yerbe mate is an extremely popular beverage which is served throughout the year, much like sweet tea (also known as iced tea) is served in the American South.
If you’d like to find out more about the delicious cuisine of Argentina and Uruguay, you might want to visit From Argentina With Love and Sweets Foods , two excellent South American food blogs that celebrate the joys of asado, dulce de Leche, facturas, faina, empanadas, locro, and (of course) yerbe mate.
President of Uruguay Tabare Vazquez Receives U.S. President George W. Bush With Asado a la Parrilla (Wikipedia Commons Image).
You can see other recent Weekend Video Spotlight Videos here.
Please join us tomorrow to see this week’s Hugging the Coast.Com Week in Review, an overview of last week’s special food features (as well as selected previews from the week to come).
If you liked this video on HuggingtheCoast.Com, you might also enjoy:
- Yesterday’s Post: Fish For Friday Recipe: Grilled Shrimp Cocktail
- Fork Required: Celebrate National Gnocchi Day in Your Home
- Chimichurri Shrimp Cups with Roasted Garlic Marscapone Recipe
- Weird, Wacky, and Fun Ways to Make Grilled Cheese Sandwiches
- 16 Refreshing Summer Fruit Drink Recipes and Ideas to Help You Cool Off and Quench Your Thirst
- Mmmm…Meat: 1,252 Chefs Break World Barbecue Record Using 12 Tons of Meat
- Perfect for a Picnic: Zesty Shallot Deviled Eggs Recipe