One 1 1/2-inch piece of fresh ginger, peeled
4 garlic cloves, halved
1/2 cup water
1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
2 large Spanish onions, coarsely chopped
4 jalapeños, halved, seeded and thinly sliced
2 stalks lemongrass, inner white bulb only, thinly sliced crosswise
2 teaspoons ground cumin
1 teaspoon ground coriander
1/2 teaspoon turmeric
3 kefir lime leaves, slightly torn to release flavor
1 Tablespoon chopped Thai basil
One 12-ounce can evaporated skim milk
1/2 cup unsweetened coconut milk (do not use low-fat)
3 pounds mussels, scrubbed and debearded
2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
1/3 cup coarsely chopped cilantro
1/4 cup chopped Thai basil
Lime wedges, for serving
How to Make Thai Coconut Curry Mussels
See More of Hugging the Coast’s Fish For Friday Recipes which will help you make the most of your favorite seafood during the rest of the year.
You can also see our list of delicious seafood recipes, organized by type of fish to make it easier for you to find culinary inspiration and ideas.
Please join us tomorrow to see this week’s culinary Weekend Video Spotlight: How to Grill Shrimp, Tuna, and Salmon for a Delicious Seafood Cookout.
If you liked this article on HuggingtheCoast.Com, you might also enjoy:
- Fish For Friday Recipe: Seafood Risotto for Friends
- A Week of Onion Rings: Hawaiian Sesame Coconut Onion Rings Recipe
- Fish For Friday Recipe of the Week: Steamed Mussels With Almonds
- 75+ Recipes From James Beard Award Winning Chefs
- Pina Colada Blossoms Recipe: Makes a Great Appetizer or Dessert
- Is Okra the Bernie Madoff of the Vegetable Kingdom?
- Fish For Friday Recipe: Royal Fish Empanadas and Coconut Rice
(Photo Credit: All Fish For Friday Recipe of the Week photos are courtesy of the featured blog.)