Sunday, June 21st is Father’s Day, the day those of us who are lucky enough to still have their fathers (whether birth, adopted, or stepfather) take a moment to honor the love, sacrifices, and contributions they’ve made for us throughout our lives.
This year, during this challenging economy, why not give the special men in your life (father, husband, grandfather, brother, son, mentor, father-in-law, or expectant father) a delicious and thoughtful homemade Father’s Day gift instead of (or if you must) in addition to the usual tie?
Here’s some breakfast, lunch, and dinner and party ideas to help you make Father’s Day a bit more special and memorable. Let’s make this Father’s Day a no-tie zone!
- Italian Farmhouse Eggs on Rosemary Fry Bread Breakfast Recipe. Sophisticated, but surprisingly easy to make.
- Southern Style Pimento Cheese Eggs Recipe. A breakfast idea that captures the grace and ease of the South.
- Easy Southern Fry Bread Biscuits Recipe. These cook up in less than a minute!
- Sailor’s Eggs (or Eggs in a Nest) Recipe. So easy, even the kids can help make this one (with proper supervision)!
- Homestyle Pumpkin Pancakes. If the way to a man’s heart is through his stomach, then these pancakes definitely belong on the map.
- Quick Bacon and Cheese Pretzel Breads Recipe and Quick Cinnamon Granola Breakfast Mini Pretzels Recipe. Because pretzels in the morning are a wonderful idea he won’t soon forget!
- Creamy Cottage Cheese and Muenster Omelette Recipe. Comforting and filling.
Planning An Outdoor Party, BBQ, or Cookout for Father’s Day Weekend? Here’s Some Inspiration to Get You Started
- Quick and Easy Kimchi (Kimchee) Macaroni Salad Recipe. With this recipe, it’s easy to make it as hot (or mild) as you want it.
- Mediterranean Garlic Hummus Potato Salad Recipe. Garlic and Hummus! Need we say more?
- A Trio of Gourmet Cole Slaw Recipes: Spicy Pineapple Ginger Leek Slaw, South Carolina Mustard BBQ Slaw, & Tarragon Buffalo Wing Slaw. Something for every taste. The Spicy Pineapple Ginger Leek Slaw Recipe is Mayo Free.
- Crispy Benne Seed Party Bites With Louisiana Honey Mustard. An easy party friendly finger food appetizer featuring pork and shrimp that comes together in no time!
- Shrimp, Pork, and Green Olive Chorizo Burgers Recipe. Can’t go wrong with shrimp burgers!
- Chipotle Mojo Chicken Tacos With Marinated Mushrooms and Peppers Recipe. These fun and delicious tacos would be great for an outdoor celebration.
- How to Make Homemade Grilled Brick Oven Pizza on Your BBQ Grill. This video will show you how to easily make brick oven pizzas on your outdoor BBQ grill…no expensive tools required!
- How to Have Fun Cooking With Camping Pie Irons. A pie iron can be a fun way for the whole family to make toasted sandwiches, fruit pies, and more together in the great outdoors.
- Gourmet Grilled Cheese: Southern Style Crab Grilled Cheese Melt Sandwich Recipe. A truly comforting grilled cheese experience.
- Gourmet Grilled Cheese: Fried Green Tomatillo Grilled Cheese With Pepper Jack Cotija Spread Recipe. For the man that loves the robust flavors of Mexican food.
- Sherry-Braised Hollywood Pork Rib Sandwiches With Raisins and Olives Recipe. A wonderful, slow cooker friendly recipe that you can make in advance so you don’t heat up your kitchen.
- Four Cheese Mac-A-Rita Cocktail Recipe. A romantic and gourmet macaroni and cheese recipe.
Does He Like Giant Onion Rings? Here’s 3 Onion Ring Recipes You Can Make Without a Deep Fryer!
- Hawaiian Sesame Coconut Onion Rings, Southern Style Sweet Corn Onion Rings, and Cheese and Chive Onion Rings.
- Mexican Guacamole Onion Soup With Cheesy Tostadas Recipe. Inspired by the goodness of French onion soup.
- Chimichurri Shrimp Pizzas with Roasted Garlic Marscapone & Chimichurri Shrimp Cups with Roasted Garlic Marscapone. Two variations on an extremely addictive dish!
- Orange Fig Chorizos with Brandy & Pine Nuts Recipe. A romantic gourmet recipe.
- Mexican Style Sweet Plantain Fries With Lime Cotija Dip Recipe. Gourmet French fries the whole family will love…and remember.
Beyond Meat and Potatoes
- Turkey and Cipolline Stuffed Mushrooms Recipe. Savory stuffed mushrooms with an Italian accent.
- Quick and Creamy Bacon and Asparagus Linguini Recipe. So simple and satisfying, you’ll want to make this again and again.
- Spanish Style Garlic Shrimp With Capers. So delicious you won’t be able to resist drinking all the garlicky goodness left at the bottom of your bowl!
- Chicken Pomegranate Stuffed Shells With Gorgonzola Cream and Pine Nuts. Unbelievably creamy and sensual!
- Coastal Carolina Shrimp and Grits Tart. Festive and heavenly.
- Last Minute Ravioli Lasagna Recipe. Far less expensive and labor intensive than classic lasagna recipes, here’s how to enjoy the flavors of affordably whenever you’re in the mood.
- Indian Style Stuffed Peppers with Spiced Basmati Rice Recipe. So good and hearty.
- Pork and Shrimp Cabbage Rolls With Butter Poached Shrimp. An out of this world symphony of flavors.
- Stars and Stripes Chicken. Tastes as good as it looks!
- Red, White, and Blueberry Cobbler Cake Recipe. You won’t be able to stop eating this easy to make blueberry cake.
- Low Country Layered Banana Pudding. Tasty, easy, and beautiful, you’ll be eating this by the bowlful!
- Red Velvet Devil Dawg Sandwich Cookies. Inspired by Devil Dogs, Red Velvet Cake, and all the good things in life!
- Carolina Pomegranate Milk Pie. Inspired by delicious Greek Galatopita. (I served this at Christmas, but it’s delicious and distinctive every day of the year!)
Please join us tomorrow to read our newest Fish For Friday Recipe: Thai Coconut Curry Mussels.
If you liked this article on HuggingtheCoast.Com, you might also enjoy:
- Yesterday’s Post: Read a Cookbook for Free: The U.S. Navy Cookbook of 1920
- Dr. Seuss Inspired Recipe (and Silly Food Poem): Green Eggs and Ham Salad
- Celebrities in the Kitchen: Famous People Who Have Been Chefs or Cooks
- Weekend Video Spotlight: 2 Salmon Video Recipes From Chef Jacques Pepin
- 5 Good Reasons You Should Encourage Your Kids to Cook at an Early Age
- National Pork Rind Appreciation Day? Yes We Can!