I love mayonnaise as much as (alright, alright…perhaps more) than the next guy. But if such philosophical killjoys as Aristotle, Rousseau, Tacitus, and Cicero are to be believed, perhaps it’s a good idea to put down the mayo spoon and step away from the jar from time to time.
Here’s 20 delicious recipes for making no mayo gourmet salads; perfect for anyone looking for a way to lower their fat intake, cut down on the use of eggs, or for those who want to see if their temperance bone still works.
(Where’s the temperance bone you ask? The temperance bone is connected to the backbone, of course!)
7 Gourmet Salad Recipes Without Mayo from Hugging the Coast:
- Mayo Free Salad Ideas: Mediterranean Garlic Hummus Potato Salad Recipe (With Macaroni Salad Variation)
- Peruvian Causa: Layered Potato Salad with Creamy Avocado Dressing Recipe from Veggie Belly (Pictured)
Please join us tomorrow to read our newest Fish For Friday Recipe: Pasta and Tuna Nicoise Salad, which also doesn’t use mayo.
If you liked this article on HuggingtheCoast.Com, you might also enjoy:
- Guilty Pleasures: What Do You Cook When No One’s Looking?
- 5 Good Reasons You Should Encourage Your Kids to Cook at an Early Age
- Indian Style Stuffed Peppers with Spiced Basmati Rice Recipe
- Fish For Friday Recipe: Grilled Tilapia with Basil-Chive Butter and Parmesan Steak Fries
- 3 Surprising Foods That Can Sometimes Be Poisonous (Plus 2 Tips to Stay Safe)
- Food Preservation Part I: How to Dehydrate Blueberries, Cranberries, Raspberries, & Blackberries
(Photo Credits: Peruvian Causa: Layered Potato Salad with Creamy Avocado Dressing Recipe from Veggie Belly.)