As we move closer to the official start of Summer, when cookout, grilling, and picnic season is in full swing, it’s always good to have as many fast cooking, no-cook, and raw food ideas on hand to help you enjoy meals and foods that won’t heat up your kitchen (or keep you from enjoying the great outdoors).
This week on Hugging the Coast, our culinary focus will be on delicious recipes that will do just that; from Tuesday’s Vidalia Onion Summer Salad With Asparagus and Salt Pork Lardons recipe, to Wednesday’s Blissful Red Anjou Potato Salad recipe.
On Thursday, we’ll be featuring Sherry-Braised Hollywood Pork Rib Sandwiches With Raisins and Olives, a new recipe that uses a slow cooker to enable the flavors to infuse deeply while keeping your house cool, and on Friday, this week’s Fish For Friday Recipe of the Week will feature a wonderful and easy shrimp topped salad.
To kick off the week. below are 10 refreshing and healthy salad recipes that won’t put you to sleep, the sequel to our popular article that celebrated the joys of eating fresh salad with exciting flavor combinations beyond the humdrum hunk of iceberg lettuce and hot house tomato that sometimes passes for salad in restaurants.
3 Original Summer Food Recipes Being Shared Later This Week on HuggingtheCoast.Com:
10 More Refreshing Salad Recipes and Ideas That Won’t Put You To Sleep:
- Spanish Arugula Salad With Manchego Cheese, Marcona Almonds & Membrillo Dressing from The Well Seasoned Cook
Please join us tomorrow to read our newest recipe on HuggingtheCoast.Com, Vidalia Onion Summer Salad With Asparagus and Salt Pork Lardons.
If you liked this article on HuggingtheCoast.Com, you might also enjoy:
- 10 Refreshing Salad Recipes and Ideas That Won’t Put You to Sleep
- A Trio of Gourmet Cole Slaw Recipes
- Sun and Moon Orange and Sweet Onion Salad Recipe
- Cucumber, Apple, & Spinach Salad With Curried Pecans and Lemony Coriander Dressing
- Fruit Salad Recipes and Ideas Perfect For a Party
- Sing a Song of Pomegranates: 25+ Tasty Recipes
- 22 Delicious Links to Celebrate Earth Day 2009 (Plus 8 Sites You Won’t Want to Miss)
(Photo Credit: Spinach and Avocado Salad With Sesame Wasabi Dressing Recipe by Fig & Cherry.)