The author of Frank Stitt’s Southern Table: Recipes and Gracious Traditions from Highlands Bar and Grill, Chef Stitt was nominated for a 2009 James Beard Award. You can find out more about Frank Stitt and his Southern cooking philosophy here.
3 lbs of boiled medium shrimp
2 medium onion, quartered and thinly sliced. Use Vidalia onions if you can get them.
1 teaspoon celery seed
1 cup extra virgin olive oil
6 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
14 bay leaves
1 teaspoon fennel seed
1 teaspoon mustard seed
4 hot dried chili peppers
1 teaspoon freshly ground white pepper
1 teaspoon coriander seeds
1/4 cup white wine vinegar
1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
How to Make Frank Stitt’s Lowcountry Pickled Shrimp
See More of Hugging the Coast’s Fish For Friday Recipes which will help you make the most of your favorite seafood during the rest of the year.
You can also see our list of delicious seafood recipes, organized by type of fish to make it easier for you to find culinary inspiration and ideas.
Please join us tomorrow to see this week’s culinary Weekend Video Spotlight: How to Grill Buttery Lobster Tails.
If you liked this article on HuggingtheCoast.Com, you might also enjoy:
- Remembering the Life and Cooking of Julia Child: Recipes and a Story About Beginnings
- 75+ Recipes From James Beard Award Winning Chefs
- Shrimp, Pork, and Green Olive Chorizo Burgers Recipe
- Crispy Benne Seed Party Bites With Louisiana Honey Mustard
- Spanish Style Garlic Shrimp With Capers
- Pork and Shrimp Cabbage Rolls With Butter Poached Shrimp
- Romantic Shrimp Recipes for Valentine’s Day
- Memorable Mardi Gras Recipes: Celebrating Fat Tuesday in Style
(Photo Credit: All Fish For Friday Recipe of the Week photos are courtesy of the featured blog.)