1 medium onion, 1 cup diced
1 cup dry white wine
2 cups arborio rice
1.5 litres chicken/vegetable stock
2 tbsp butter
1 tsp saffron threads
3 medium carrots, finely diced
Seafood - calamari rings, mussels, scallops, etc. (Use what you like, and guesstimate amounts, it’s okay. Buy frozen, don’t defrost, it will add a lot of flavour. A bag of “mixed” seafood would be a good budget option. I already had the large scallops.)
How to Make Seafood Risotto for Friends
See More of Hugging the Coast’s Fish For Friday Recipes which will help you make the most of your favorite seafood during the rest of the year.
You can also see our list of delicious seafood recipes, organized by type of fish to make it easier for you to find culinary inspiration and ideas.
Please join us tomorrow to see this week’s culinary Weekend Video Spotlight: A Chinese Chef Shows How He Forms Delicious Noodles by Hand for Alton Brown.
If you liked this article on HuggingtheCoast.Com, you might also enjoy:
- Fish For Friday Recipe of the Week: Parmesan Crab Risotto
- A Roman Holiday: Romantic Italian Recipes To Celebrate Valentine’s Day
- 18 Inspiring Seafood Recipes for Lent (Or Just For Fun)
- Inauguration Week Recipe: Stars and Stripes Chicken
- Searchin’ for Urchin? Recipes, Trivia, and More!
(Photo Credit: All Fish For Friday Recipe of the Week photos are courtesy of the featured blog.)