Grundlechive has made two interesting and informative videos which show various ways natural maple syrup is made; from the maple tree to the sugarhouse, which you can see below.
By the way, you might be surprised to learn that you can actually make your own maple syrup with as little as two trees. There’s a great post about the process (and the benefits) of small scale maple syrup making here on the Mamaliga Food Blog.
You can see other recent Weekend Video Spotlight Videos here.
Please join us tomorrow to see this week’s Hugging the Coast.Com Week in Review, an overview of last week’s special food features (as well as selected previews from the week to come).
If you liked this video on HuggingtheCoast.Com, you might also enjoy:
- Homestyle Pumpkin Pancakes Recipe
- Community Breakfasts: A Reason to Put on Your Saturday-Go-To-Eating Best
- The Sunday Soda Menace: The Surprisingly Controversial History of Ice Cream
- Weekend Video Spotlight: How to Make Fried Ice Cream in Honor of National Ice Cream Month
- Nostalgic Summertime Sweets: Salt Water Taffy Celebrates 125th Year Anniversary