This springtime ‘hash’ celebrates the fresh flavors of the garden and the delightful fragrance of rosemary. It’s such a delicious accompaniment to eggs and bacon that you won’t even miss potatoes!
It’s also great as a dinner side dish, too, especially with the addition of a little minced garlic.
The proportions of this recipe are not crucial, so feel free to adjust and improvise.
Here’s how to make the delicious and savory Rosemary Summer Squash and Green Pepper Hash:
2 Tbsp olive oil
2 large yellow squash, chopped
1 medium green pepper, chopped
1 large leek, trimmed and chopped
1 tsp finely minced fresh rosemary leaves
1/4 tsp salt
1/8 tsp white pepper
Pinch of cayenne
Heat the oil in a large skillet. Saute the squash, green pepper, and leeks until just softened. Add the remaining ingredients and cook an additional five minutes.
Please join us tomorrow to read this week’s Fish For Friday Recipe of the Week: Cornmeal Crusted Soft Shell Crab Po’Boys.
If you liked this article on HuggingtheCoast.Com, you might also enjoy:
- A Southern Springtime Breakfast: Easy Southern Fry Bread Biscuits Recipe
- A Southern Springtime Breakfast: Southern Style Pimento Cheese Eggs Recipe
- The Four Corners of Carolina BBQ Road Trip
- Winter Comfort Food: Creamy Chive Yellow Squash
- Italian Foods Series: Delicata Mezza Luna Recipe