A first-rate soup is more creative than a second-rate painting. –Abraham Maslow
White skies. Ice heavy trees casting long shadows, icicles glittering dangerously overhead. Fountains of snow arcing from snowblowers. A cold that almost vibrates in one’s bones.
Even though we now live in comparatively balmy Charleston, South Carolina, I still remember the bitter, snowy winters that never seemed to end in Western New York State, the bone soothing heat from our woodstove, and the life affirming (perhaps life saving) pleasures of soup.
Here’s 11 delicious and nourishing soup recipes to help you get through the rest of the cold and flu season as Winter ends and Spring begins. Enjoy!
Please join us tomorrow to read our newest Fish For Friday Recipe of the Week: Crab Fondue.
If you liked this article on HuggingtheCoast.Com, you might also enjoy reading:
- Quick and Creamy Three Lettuce Enoki Mushroom Soup Recipe
- Southern Comfort Foods: She-Crab Soup
- Stars and Stripes Chicken
- Cool Down With These Refreshing Chilled Soups for Summer
- Savory Mustard Pork Wontons Recipe