After our Four Corners of Carolina BBQ Moonlight Buffet, I was fortunate (and very pleasantly surprised) to find myself with leftovers from some of the finest pulled pork barbeque establishments in the state. It’s a testament to the sheer wonderfulness of South Carolina ‘cue that after that evening’s bacchanal, I woke up wanting more!
So here’s a couple of ideas for a post-barbecue-bash breakfast made from leftovers:
Pork Barbecue and Cheddar Omelette With BBQ Hash Fritters
PREPARATION FOR THE PORK BBQ & CHEDDAR OMELET:
Heat about 1/2 to 3/4 cup of barbeque per omelet, moistening it with a little sauce (I used Trenton Bar-B-Q’s light tomato-based sauce for this.) Fold it into a 3 egg omelet with a good handful of grated cheddar cheese. Drizzle a little extra sauce on top.
PREPARATION FOR THE BBQ HASH FRITTERS:
Barbeque hash is very different from standard hash, but these fritters bridge the gap.
Combine equal parts of hash and rice, and for each cup add 2 tbsp chopped pickled jalapenos and 1/4 tsp black pepper. Taste for salt and add a pinch or two if needed, then mix in 2 tbsp flour per cup. Form into small patties and fry in oil until crispy, turning once.
Serve this breakfast with Sunbeam King Thin toast for an authentic touch.
Please join us tomorrow to enjoy our new daily food and cooking article.
If you enjoyed today’s recipe, you might also enjoy these other interesting posts that feature pomegranates:
- Coconut Chipotle Mojo Shrimp With Pomegranate Relish
- Chicken Pomegranate Stuffed Shells With Gorgonzola Cream and Pine Nuts
- Cooking With Zest: Recipes That Make the Most of Fresh Lemon, Orange, and Lime Fruit Zest
- Chipotle Mojo Chicken Tacos With Marinated Mushrooms and Peppers Recipe
- Green Pea and Lemongrass Paradise Pasta With Pan-Seared Asparagus Recipe