Cole slaw. Two words that transform the vastly underrated cabbage into a refreshing, healthy, yet sensual delight that’s as good by the bowlful as it is as an accompaniment to baskets piled with crispy Southern fried chicken or heaping plates of smoky barbecue pulled pork.
The Scheherazade of side dishes, cole slaw has seemingly endless culinary variations and stories to tell depending on the ingredients you use to compliment the classic shredded cabbage base.
Here then, are a few cole slaw “stories” to entertain your palate and help bring back some of the pleasures of Summer we’ve barely just left behind.
(Photo Credit: Cole Slaw from Simply Recipes)
Please join us tomorrow for the third day of this week’s Southern Comfort Foods Series when we share our recipe for Lowcountry Layered Banana Pudding.
Please join us tomorrow to read our newest daily food and cooking feature on HuggingtheCoast.Com.
If you liked this article on HuggingtheCoast.Com, you might also enjoy:
- Original Recipes from Hugging the Coast
- 75+ Recipes From James Beard Award Winning Chefs
- Mexican Guacamole Onion Soup With Cheesy Tostadas Recipe
- 10 Refreshing Salad Recipes and Ideas That Won’t Put You to Sleep
- Million Dollar Winning Contest Recipes from the Pillsbury Bake-Off