Been to Google Books lately? Google Books has been gradually placing the full text of thousands of books online, many of them free full previews of culinary books that are either out-of-print or have been added online with the permission of their publishers.
One of the former gems we’ve recently stumbled upon is The Stag Cookbook: Written by Men for Men, a 197 page book of interesting recipes edited by C. Mac Sheridan which was published in 1922.
You won’t want to miss the preface by Robert H. Davis, who shares enlightening culinary tidbits about the culinary habits of author Charles Lamb and composer Gioachino Rossini.
You can read the whole book for free on Google Books here…enjoy!
Please join us tomorrow to read our newest food and recipe cooking feature on HuggingtheCoast.Com from author Doug DuCap.
If you liked this article on HuggingtheCoast.Com, you might also enjoy:
- About.Com Fish and Seafood Cooking Recipes
- 100+ Original Recipes from Hugging the Coast
- 75+ Recipes From James Beard Award Winning Chefs
- 10 Refreshing Salad Recipes and Ideas That Won’t Put You to Sleep
- Million Dollar Winning Contest Recipes from the Pillsbury Bake-Off