My Splendid Table has a wonderful, simple overview of how to make and use beurre monte, a workhorse sauce relied upon by such chefs as Thomas Keller and Tom Colicchio.
The page also shares Keller’s recipe for Sweet Potato Agnolotti with Sage Cream, Brown Butter, and Prosciutto which makes prominent use of the sauce.
(Wikipedia also has a good entry on beurre monte here.)
Here’s a few links to some recipes that feature beurre monte sauce…
- Sweet Butter Braised Maine Lobster with Baby Arrowleaf Spinach and a Saffron-Vanilla Sauce from Chef Thomas Keller via Food & Beverage International
Please join us tomorrow to read our newest food and recipe cooking feature on HuggingtheCoast.Com from author Doug DuCap.
If you liked this article on HuggingtheCoast.Com, you might also enjoy:
- About.Com Fish and Seafood Cooking Recipes
- 100+ Original Recipes from Hugging the Coast
- 75+ Recipes From James Beard Award Winning Chefs
- 10 Refreshing Salad Recipes and Ideas That Won’t Put You to Sleep
- Million Dollar Winning Contest Recipes from the Pillsbury Bake-Off