Been to Google Books lately? Google Books has been gradually placing the full text of thousands of books online, many of them free full previews of culinary books that are either out-of-print or have been added online with the permission of their publishers.
Two of the former gems we’ve recently stumbled upon are When Mother Lets Us Cook, a 1908 childrens’ cookbook by Constance Johnson and The High School Cookery Book by Grace Bradshaw, written in 1916. Both offer surprising trivia, recipes, and information about the kind of dishes young people cooked in the early 1900’s
You can also read and download both books for free on Google Books…enjoy!
Please join us tomorrow to read our newest daily food and cooking feature on HuggingtheCoast.Com.
If you liked this article on HuggingtheCoast.Com, you might also enjoy:
- About.Com Fish and Seafood Cooking Recipes
- Original Recipes from Hugging the Coast
- 75+ Recipes From James Beard Award Winning Chefs
- 10 Refreshing Salad Recipes and Ideas That Won’t Put You to Sleep
- Million Dollar Winning Contest Recipes from the Pillsbury Bake-Off