These appealing little ‘blossoms’ are perfect as appetizers or as a sophisticated dessert. They’re very easy to make and they delight the senses with their transporting flavors and variety of textures.
Here’s a photo of the Pina Colada Blossoms below.
8 oz cream cheese, softened
1 Tbsp lime juice
2 Tbsp sugar
Cooking oil spray
24 wonton wrappers (or 6 egg roll wrappers cut into quarters)
Ground cinnamon (for dusting)
1 can pineapple chunks
1 can mandarin orange sections
3/4 Cup shredded sweetened coconut
Fresh mint leaves, minced (optional)
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a medium bowl, thoroughly mix the cream cheese, lime juice, and sugar. Spray mini muffin pans with cooking spray. Press a wonton wrapper into each cup, folding the corners out like petals, and dust lightly with cinnamon. Put about a teaspoon of cheese mixture into each, press a pineapple chunk and a mandarin orange section into the cheese, and top with about a teaspoon of shredded coconut.
Bake at 400 degrees for 20-25 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool slightly before serving. Sprinkle with minced fresh mint leaves, if desired.
Makes 24 appetizers.
Please join us tomorrow to enjoy our new daily food and cooking article.
If you enjoyed today’s recipe, you might also enjoy these other interesting posts that feature pomegranates:
- Coconut Chipotle Mojo Shrimp With Pomegranate Relish
- Chicken Pomegranate Stuffed Shells With Gorgonzola Cream and Pine Nuts
- Cooking With Zest: Recipes That Make the Most of Fresh Lemon, Orange, and Lime Fruit Zest
- Chipotle Mojo Chicken Tacos With Marinated Mushrooms and Peppers Recipe
- Green Pea and Lemongrass Paradise Pasta With Pan-Seared Asparagus Recipe