Below are two Youtube videos from Videocamper in which he shows how to get started with cooking with foil outdoors. In the video, he makes Cornish game hen, asparagus, potatoes, sweet potatoes, and carrots while demonstrating the technique.
Cooking in foil is a convenient adaptation of a French technique of cooking in parchment paper called en papillote that is perfect for outdoor cooking. Foil cooking seals in all the delicious juices of the foods you are cooking, cuts down greatly on cleanup, and is a fun way to cook in the great outdoors.
In most cases, you’ll want to use heavy-duty foil for best results and improved durability. Cooks.Com has some good recipes on the topic to get you started here.
Another method that some people use to cook with foil is cooking on a car engine. Instructables.com has a nice series of tips if you’d like to give it a try. Wisebread also has a good article about it here.
Solar oven cooking is a method of cooking which is completely powered by the sun that sometimes uses foil for its heat reflecting and/or insulating properties. Here are some free plans you can use to experiment with solar cooking.
Please join us tomorrow to read our newest daily food and cooking feature on HuggingtheCoast.Com.
If you liked this video on HuggingtheCoast.Com, you might also enjoy:
- Summertime, Where the Grilling (and Outdoor Cooking) is Easy
- Weekend Video Spotlight: How to Grill Delicious and Buttery Lobster Tails
- Simple Outdoor Pleasures I: Cooking With Pie Irons
- Fish For Friday Recipe: Hominy Grill Shrimp Burgers
- Chimichurri Shrimp Cups with Roasted Garlic Marscapone Recipe
- Food Humor: Little Pink Hot Dogs for You and Me