Chinese New Year is the most important holiday in Chinese culture, but you don’t have to be Chinese to enjoy the pleasures of eating succulent pan fried dumplings, marinated black mushrooms, Chinese barbecue pork, clams in black bean sauce, steaming pork buns and more.
In the below video, author Nina Simonds visits the Imperial Seafood restaurant in Boston’s Chinatown and gives an overview of foods considered auspicious for the occasion.
Please join us tomorrow to read our newest food and recipe cooking feature on HuggingtheCoast.Com from author Doug DuCap.
If you liked this article on HuggingtheCoast.Com, you might also enjoy:
- About.Com Fish and Seafood Cooking Recipes
- 100+ Original Recipes from Hugging the Coast
- 75+ Recipes From James Beard Award Winning Chefs
- 10 Refreshing Salad Recipes and Ideas That Won’t Put You to Sleep
- Million Dollar Winning Contest Recipes from the Pillsbury Bake-Off