Welcome to Hugging the Coast.Com, a celebration of coastal life, food, fishing, & travel from Doug DuCap, Grand Prize Winner of the 2007 Taste of the South Recipe Competition which was judged by Ted & Matt Lee, authors of The Lee Bros. Southern Cookbook: Stories and Recipes for Southerners and Would-be Southerners.
Recently featured on Anthony Bourdain’s No Reservations Series on the Travel Channel, the Lee brothers contribute articles regularly to Travel + Leisure, Food & Wine, Martha Stewart Living, and The New York Times. The Lee Bros. Southern Cookbook was named the 2007 James Beard Foundation Cookbook of the Year.
Coming soon…the grand prize winning recipe, Charleston Chili, made from pulled pork barbecue, boiled peanuts, country ham, and black-eyed peas!
(Left to Right: Matt Lee, Ted Lee, Darcy Shankland (Editor of Charleston Magazine), and Winner Doug DuCap)
Please join us tomorrow to read our newest daily food and cooking feature on HuggingtheCoast.Com.
If you liked this article on HuggingtheCoast.Com, you might also enjoy:
- Original Recipes from Hugging the Coast
- 75+ Recipes From James Beard Award Winning Chefs
- Mexican Guacamole Onion Soup With Cheesy Tostadas Recipe
- 10 Refreshing Salad Recipes and Ideas That Won’t Put You to Sleep
- Million Dollar Winning Contest Recipes from the Pillsbury Bake-Off